The Grapevine Family & Community Resource Center is a community based non-profit organization located in Antrim, NH and serves families of the Eastern Monadnock region and beyond. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcoming environment for our community. We offer a friendly, team-oriented work environment and are seeking an experienced individual to lead our Information and Assisted Referral services (with an additional opportunity as a Home Visitor, if desired). The Community Resource Coordinator is responsible for connecting and supporting individuals and families with a variety of basic needs and resources in our community.
The Community Health Case Coordinator at the Grapevine oversees the organization’s Information & Referral (I & R) services and is responsible for connecting and supporting individuals and families with a variety of basic needs and resources in our community. This position will require an estimated 20 hours per week and is designed as an in person position though remote work from home and flexible work hours will also be considered. Our ideal candidate will bring the following skills with responsibilities including:
- Ability to communicate with home visiting clients and their families, other staff, and providers via texting, email, phone, one to one and written notes/documents.
- Respond to walk-in, telephone, email and social media messages requesting information and help. Set up in person appointments as appropriate.
- Perform intake procedure as a conversation, using our I & R intake form as a guide to capture important information
- Good listening skills, is consistent, respectful, nonjudgmental and recognizes individual/family strengths and achievements.
- Ability to communicate with individuals/ families, other staff, and providers via texting, email, phone, one to one and written notes/documents.
- Computer skills sufficient to give, receive and process information; working knowledge of Microsoft applications and Google suite is a plus.
- Using a strength based approach, assess needs and create an action plan with individual/family.
- Assist with applications for essential services including document review and explanation, with a focus on helping people to self-advocate
- Track intake and communications using Grapevine database and coordinate with the Grapevine Data Manager.
- Facilitate computer use or input of data for NH Easy applications
- Collaborate with local service providers as appropriate
- Collaborate with Grapevine staff to coordinate supports as appropriate
- Keep I & R onsite resource library up to date
- As able/appropriate:
- Attend bi monthly Hillsboro Resource Meetings (convened by the Grapevine)
- Attend monthly BBC meetings (convened by the Grapevine)
- Attend monthly Eastern Monadnock Region Service Provider Meetings (convened by The River Center)
- Attend monthly WIC clinics as a form of outreach
- Participate in monthly Grapevine staff meetings
- Enroll in training (paid by the Grapevine) as a Community Health Worker as well as the Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework and Quality Standards. This is required as part of the Grapevine’s commitment to Quality Improvement as a designated Family Resource Center of Quality.
The Community Health Case Coordinator will ideally bring a working knowledge of local resources to this position along with a positive, respectful, strength based approach to supporting those in need. Experience in supporting individuals and families with basic needs is a plus. The Community Health Case Coordinator will embrace an approach of encouraging individuals to self advocate and follow through with goal setting, step in to advocate as appropriate and model healthy self care and boundary setting. Range of compensation for this position is $19 – $21 per hour, commensurate with related experience and education/training. Other benefits for this part-time position include:
- Paid time off annually plus 10 paid holidays
- Flexible savings account
- Employer retirement contribution (Simple IRA plan)
- Support for your professional development plus tuition reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement for work related travel
- Opportunities for remote work and flexible scheduling, as appropriate
This position reports to the Grapevine Executive Director and is part of a team-based, two generational approach to family support.The Grapevine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume by email to info [at] grapevinenh [dot] org and addressed to Melissa Gallagher, Executive Director by Friday, September 1, 2023. For more information about the Grapevine, please visit us at www.grapevinenh.org. No phone calls please.