The Grapevine Family & Community Resource Center is a community based non-profit organization located in Antrim, NH and serves families of the Eastern Monadnock region and beyond. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcoming environment for our community. We encourage job applicants who bring a variety of perspectives and experiences to their work. We offer a friendly, team-oriented work environment and are seeking an experienced individual as a Home Visitor. Grapevine Home Visitors meet with families in their home or other comfortable/safe settings. A Grapevine Home Visitor will focus on areas such as child development and how to support a child where he/she is, help families connect to local resources, ensure access to food, heating, employment and other basic needs, share ideas, talk, and act as a caring person who will listen. Grapevine Home Visitors are encouraging and positive and help parents and caregivers build confidence and skills.
The Grapevine Home Visitor will bring a working knowledge of local resources (or be open to learning) to this position along with a positive, respectful, strength-based approach to supporting those in need. The Home Visitor will embrace an approach of encouraging individuals to self advocate and follow through with goal setting, step in to advocate for families as appropriate and model healthy self care and boundary setting. This position reports to the Director of Family Supports and is part of a team-based, two generational approach to family support.
This position will require an estimated 10 – 15 hours per week, with the possibility of up to 20 hours per week, if the candidate is interested and qualified for an additional role as Parent Group Facilitator (see separate job listing). Remote work from home and flexible work hours will also be considered as part of this role. Our ideal candidate will bring the following skills with responsibilities including:
- Ability to communicate with home visiting clients and their families, other staff, and providers via texting, email, phone, one to one and written notes/documents.
- Computer skills sufficient to give, receive and process information.
- Establishes contact and makes appointments with home visiting clients to provide in-home support or Grapevine meetings.
- Utilizes the Protective Factors Framework to assist clients in setting goals and encourages achievement of those goals.
- Consults with and works collaboratively with the Home Visiting Supervisor. Meets regularly with the Supervisor to review work with home visiting clients.
- Cultivates good listening skills, is consistent, respectful, nonjudgmental and recognizes client’s strengths and achievements whenever possible.
- Assists clients in developing communication and stress reduction skills.
- Connects clients and their families with needed community resources by giving contact information and when needed, help the client make the call, complete paperwork, drive to appointments, or attend appointments with the client.
- Maintains client records and statistics to track home visits.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Acts in the best interest of The Grapevine as a community ambassador for the Grapevine and its programs.
- Supports client connections by making referral to other Grapevine programs when appropriate.
- Reaches out to community providers, referral sources, service and faith organizations, and schools to maintain public awareness of the home visiting program. Distributes flyers and speaks to groups as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed for the continued effectiveness of The Grapevine and its programs.
- Training in Preventing Childhood Abuse & Neglect as well as the Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework and Standards will be required as part of the Grapevine’s commitment to Quality Improvement as a designated Family Resource Center of Quality.
Range of compensation for this position is between $18 – $21 per hour, commensurate with related experience and education/training. Other benefits for this part-time position include:
- Paid time off annually plus 10 paid holidays
- Flexible savings account
- Employer retirement contribution (Simple IRA plan)
- Support for your professional development plus tuition reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement for work related travel
The Grapevine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume by email to info [at] grapevinenh.org and addressed to Melissa Gallagher, Executive Director by Friday, August 11, 2023. For more information about the Grapevine, please visit us at www.grapevinenh.org and be sure to check out our section on parent-child programs. No phone calls please.